Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2007 was 10,000 years ago
The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 pm by Jakeybro

» WHO KICKED ME?
The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:00 am by Toki

» List of Antivirus companies
The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm by Toki

» Well
The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 pm by Toki

» AVENGE ME, SIMBA!! LIST!!
The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 pm by Jakeybro

» Enter sandman
The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm by Jakeybro

» WTF?
The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:19 pm by Jakeybro

» the " we hate RAWK thread".
The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 pm by Jakeybro

» The George Lopez show
The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 pm by Jakeybro

Keywords
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tony777

The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Empty
PostSubject: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:41 am

Here is how I feel about each game so far

Guitar hero 3:

Tracks I love: (2)
Through the fire and the flames
Rock you like a hurricane

Tracks I like: (5)
Welcome to the jungle
Barracuda
Cherub rock
The metal
Knights of cydonia

Tracks that I HATE: (2)
Sabotage
Number of the beast (For lyrical reasons)

Other pros:
Over 70 songs , and the list is already looking good to me so it can only get better
Boss battles/Battle mode
Exchangable faceplates should be cool

Other cons:
No DLC as far as I know

Rock band:

Tracks I love: (0)

Tracks I like: (5)
In bloom
Enter sandman
Paranoid
Rockaway beach
Tom sawyer

Tracks I HATE: (2)
Won't get fooled again
Mississippi queen

Other pros:
Drums
Microphone
DLC songs/albums , however I hope the DLC won't be an empty promise as it was w/ gh2
Customizable characters
Online play

Other cons:
Prices may be an issue

In summary,

Overall rock band IS EASILY the better game , however... my individual tastes are not pleased AT ALL by rock bands soundtrack so far , and w/o a great soundtrack a great rythm game can't be much fun

Overall GH3, is obviously inferior in every aspect but the sound track (in my opinion) , and quite honestly... soundtrack matters most in games like these

GH3 and rock band have equal numbers of songs I like , and hate , however GH3 has 2 songs I LOVE , and love is a far greater thing than like... thats the point at which I actually listen to a song on my own time.

To be the better music game to any one individual the said individual must actually enjoy SOME of the games songs

I as of right now:
- Have decided I am without a doubt buying guitar hero 3

- Am unsure about purchasing rock band... do I really want to pay $60+ for a game with 0 songs I actually want to play? I may change my mind depending on future announced songs

Overall , ROCK BAND SUCKS COCK! ... Shitty soundtrack = shitty music game FUCKING PERIOD.

Rock band better pull some major shit out their ass if they want me to buy their damn game

And when I say major shit I don't mean "ZOMFG LED ZEPPERLIN AND TEH CLICHE OVER RATED FORCE 5!!! DURR!"

Also , when I say I "like" a song , it means I find it listenable , but I wouldn't listen to it on my own time , would not put the song in a playlist , etc.

Last edited by on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:44 am

unts unts unts unts
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:46 am

clubber 7 wrote:
unts unts unts unts

What?

Yeah... so are you gonna compare the 2 with me or what? lol
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:49 am

catch the mist
catch the myth
catch the mystery
cath the drift

what you say about his company is what you say about society!
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:50 am

clubber 7 wrote:
catch the mist
catch the myth
catch the mystery
cath the drift

what you say about his company is what you say about society!

I think rock band could have done better for rush :/
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:52 am

like :
. Overture

"And the meek shall inherit thee earth."

II. Temples of Syrinx

. "The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by the benevolent wisdom of the priests..."

We've taken care of everything
The words you hear to the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to your eye
It's one for all and all for one
We work together common son
Never need to wonder how or why

Chorus:
We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx
Our great computers fill the hallowed halls
We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx
All the gifts of life are held within our walls

Look around this world we made
Equality our stock in trade
Come and join in the Brotherhood of Man
Oh what a nice contented world
Let the banners be unfurled
Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand

(Chorus)

III. Discovery

.. "Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful" ... ... "I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds, and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait to tell the priests about it! ..."

What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate and give music
What can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart
And joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain
Or notes that fall gently like rain

I can't wait to share this new wonder
The people will all see its light
Let them all make their own music
The Priests praise my name on this night

IV. Presentation

.. "In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed throughout the silent Temple Hall." ... ... "Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet..."

I know it's most unusual
To come before you so
But I've found an ancient miracle
I thought that you should know

Listen to my music
And hear what it can do
There's something here as strong as life
I know that it will reach you

Yes, we know it's nothing new
It's just a waste of time
We have no need for ancient ways
Our world is doing fine

Another toy that helps destroy
The elder race of man
Forget about your silly whim
It doesn't fit the plan

I can't believe you're saying
These things just can't be true
Our world could use this beauty
Just think what we might do

Listen to my music
And hear what it can do
There's something here as strong as life
I know that it will reach you

Don't annoy us further
We have our work to do
Just think about the average
What use have they for you?

Another toy that helps destroy
The elder race of man
Forget about your silly whim
It doesn't fit the plan

V. Oracle: The Dream

.. "I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase" ... ... "I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of all these things ..."

I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light?

I stand atop a spiral stair
An oracle confronts me there
He leads me on light years away
Through astral nights, galactic days

I see the works of gifted hands
That grace this strange and wondrous land
I see the hand of man arise
With hungry mind and open eyes

They left our planets long ago
The elder races still learn and grow
Their power grows with purpose strong
To claim the home where they belong
Home, to tear the Temples down...
Home, to change..

VI. Soliloquy

.. "I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now I can no longer live under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last."

The sleep is still in my eyes
The dream is still in my head
I heave a sigh and sadly smile
And lie a while in bed
I wish that it might come to pass
Not fade like all my dreams

Just think of what my life might be
In a world like I have seen
I don't think I can carry on
Carry on this cold and empty life
Ohhhh, nooo...

My spirits are low in the depths of despair
My lifeblood spills over..

VII. The Grand Finale

Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.

dont twist my words naw, boy

Last edited by on Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 1:03 am

Nirvanas album "Nevermind" will be available for DLC on rock band

Just heard

That gives the a plus but... if I have to pay for the whole damn album just to play "Territorial pissings" I ain't buying that on DLC anyway
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 1:06 am

thats gay. what fuck face cocknose would want to play all of that. they should have AIC greatest hits
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 1:06 am

IF WE WANTED 2112S LYRICS WE COULD GOOGLE IT Mad

DR.PHIL HOLMES!
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 1:08 am

we should make a lyric subforum
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 1:13 am

clubber 7 wrote:

I made a new smiley button thing just for this

/Facepalm /Facepalm /Facepalm /Facepalm /Facepalm /Facepalm /Facepalm /Facepalm /Facepalm /Facepalm
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 1:14 am

hannah montana /Facepalm

you should. wed be able to sing along with eachother
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male
Number of posts : 209
Favorite Admin : Job: Paper Boy. Hobbies- Piano, guitar, french horn, MTG, Guitar Hero, myself...
Humor : What happens in Alabama stays in the family.
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 2:36 am

Okay, I'm completely disagreeing in saying that GH3 has a better sound track. The only thing that really kills the Rock Band soundtrack for me is Bon Jovi, but on GH3 there's not one song I 'love' other than MAYBE Schools Out, just because I'm an Alice Cooper fan.

As for Rock Band, the fact it has Sufragette City((I'd prefer other stuff, but it has Bowie during the Ronno days)). It also has more stuff to learn and the customizable characters make me happy because now I can make my character look like a glam rock musician instead of just settling for the Izzy top hat look or the leather Pandora look.

I'll probably buy GH3, but if I were given a PS3/Xbox 360 I would in an instant prefer to save up for Rock Band. I'm guessing I'll get both but GH3 first because I'll have to wait for Christmas season and my birthday to be able to get close to the money.

So to sum it up...GH3 is a worse game but I'm getting it in honor of GH and the fact that I only have a PS2.
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 3:34 am

Well glamy GH3 still has like 50+ songs to confirm so.. your view of the list could easily change

Rock band has like 20 more to announce
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 7:43 am

Here is how I feel about each game so far

Guitar Hero 3:

Tracks I like: (3)
La Grange
Lay Down
Rock You Like a Hurricane

Tracks that I HATE: (4)
Through the Fire and the Flames
Welcome to the Jungle
Knights of Cydonia
Number of the beast

Rock Band:

Tracks I like: (6)
In Bloom
Suffragette City
Won't Get Fooled Again
Rockaway Beach
Tom Sawyer
Wanted Dead or Alive

Tracks I HATE: (3)
Paranoid
Enter Sandman
Smells Like Teen Spirit (In Downloads)

OVER-ALL WINNER: GH3. Rock Band has the 1st and 3rd worst rock song of all time in it. Sad

Rock Band:
ALF SAYS YOU FAIL
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 8:43 pm

wow jake just wow........

You hate songs by some of your own favorite bands JUST BECAUSE they are overused... you are weird man

amd yet you like la grange? wtf zz top is gay
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 9:03 pm

so no one wants to sing?
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male
Favorite Admin : Job: Paper Boy. Hobbies- Piano, guitar, french horn, MTG, Guitar Hero, myself...

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 9:27 pm

an7hony wrote:
so no one wants to sing?

I want to do all of the things, I'll probably end up if I get a local Rock Band band going I'll get vocals or bass.
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 9:31 pm

Glamy wrote:
an7hony wrote:
so no one wants to sing?

I want to do all of the things, I'll probably end up if I get a local Rock Band band going I'll get vocals or bass.

Bass is boring as shit in guitar hero... if you do bass you should just do the bass and singing at the same time
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 9:32 pm

glamy you douche /Facepalm im talking about the lyrics subforum. whaere we can sing along
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 10:08 pm

Tony wrote:
Glamy wrote:
an7hony wrote:
so no one wants to sing?

Bass is boring as shit in guitar hero... if you do bass you should just do the bass and singing at the same time

Eh, I get used to it. Bass has never seemed that exciting, but if Rock Band has something for all four parts that's exciting, as it should, then I'm fine with it but on Suffragette City I'm going to probably always sing that one.

an7hony: What the hell was I supposed to think you meant by that when you're posting in a spot about ROCK BAND that involves SINGING. Oh gosh, when someone mentions SINGING I ALWAYS think of lyric subforums...For your inability to understand common sense then in the art of calling me a douche for something so stupid the douche title has been applied to you rather than me.
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 10:14 pm

can it n00b. i started the idea idea on the first page of this thread! stupid d0uche
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 10:16 pm

Tony wrote:
Glamy wrote:
an7hony wrote:
so no one wants to sing?

The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Gary_coleman1_1 Tony!
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 10:29 pm

an7hony wrote:

please?
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 10:29 pm

an7hony wrote:
Tony wrote:
Glamy wrote:
an7hony wrote:
so no one wants to sing?

The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Gary_coleman1_1 Tony!

In guitar hero its 1 button 5 billion X in a row most of the time :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread   The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Guitar hero 3 Vs. Rock band WAR thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next