Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2007 was 10,000 years ago
What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 pm by Jakeybro

» WHO KICKED ME?
What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:00 am by Toki

» List of Antivirus companies
What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm by Toki

» Well
What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 pm by Toki

» AVENGE ME, SIMBA!! LIST!!
What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 pm by Jakeybro

» Enter sandman
What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm by Jakeybro

» WTF?
What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:19 pm by Jakeybro

» the " we hate RAWK thread".
What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 pm by Jakeybro

» The George Lopez show
What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 pm by Jakeybro

Keywords
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

What happened to Harmonix?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stairway

What happened to Harmonix? Empty
PostSubject: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:58 pm

Trnscribed from GameSpot, and I took some of Gear's words. Sori.

I mean, they picked some great songs in GH1, 2, and RT80s. They had less-popular alternatives to some of the popular bands.

Now they're trying to make a full band game. I understand you HAVE to have SOME mainstream songs everybody knows to make more people buy it, but COME ON.

They have just ****ed themselves over on this ****.

Paranoid. One riff. Over. And over. But the vocals might be fun, so we're alright there.

And they announce some songs I really want to play. Suffragette City, Don't Fear the Reaper, etc.

But, then they had to announce Enter Sandman.

Enter Sandman is the worst song ever.

One crappy riff, which they thought "HAY PPL MIGHT HUM THAT", and so they raped the living daylights out of it, with a few powerchords thrown in for good measure, BAD fantasy lyrics... frankly, EMBARRASSING fantasy lyrics, abducted children being forced to pray, which Metallica thought would be clever, crappy vocals, a crappy solo where Kirk just can't leave his stupid wah-wah alone, and a stupid fading outro of James singing "tak ma haaaaaaaaaaaand" over and over. To little kids.

Seriously. They could have at least picked a half-way decent popular Metallica song. If it were Master of Puppets, sure. Fine. It's popular. 2/3 of the song is fun. Fine. One. The solos would be fun. The vocals would be fun. Fine. But not Enter Sandman. It wouldn't be fun. At all.

And then, after getting the worst song of all time, they're going to have the nerve to put in a Cacophony song. Just you ****ing watch. Then I'll be forced to buy it because Cacophony is the greatest band ever.

In the beginning, I wanted Rock Band, thinking they're going to have some fun songs after seeing Suffragette City. Then they litterally took a **** in my face.

All I'm buying that relates to Rock Band as of now is the Strat. IF it works with GH3.

Sorry, but I just had to vent.
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 3:04 pm

Yeah rock band crap on everyones face..................
Back to top Go down
fsflihgl

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 5:20 pm

EPIC FAILURE POST COUNT + 1
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 9:01 am

Joesephine wrote:
Miss Murder and Through the Fire and Flames is WORSE than ANYTHING in Rock Band.

DR.PHIL HOLMES!
Back to top Go down
furiousfretwork19.2
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero
furiousfretwork19.2

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 7:06 pm

Random Girl on the Street wrote:

I mean, they picked some great songs in GH1, 2, and RT80s. They had less-popular alternatives to some of the popular bands.

Now they're trying to make a full band game. I understand you HAVE to have SOME mainstream songs everybody knows to make more people buy it, but COME ON.

Paranoid. One riff. Over. And over. But the vocals might be fun, so we're alright there.

And they announce some songs I really want to play. Suffragette City, Don't Fear the Reaper, etc.

One crappy riff, which they thought "HAY PPL MIGHT HUM THAT", and so they raped the living daylights out of it, with a few powerchords thrown in for good measure, BAD fantasy lyrics... frankly, EMBARRASSING fantasy lyrics, abducted children being forced to pray, which Metallica thought would be clever, crappy vocals, a crappy solo where Kirk just can't leave his stupid wah-wah alone, and a stupid fading outro of James singing "tak ma haaaaaaaaaaaand" over and over. To little kids.

Seriously. They could have at least picked a half-way decent popular Metallica song. If it were Master of Puppets, sure. Fine. It's popular. 2/3 of the song is fun. Fine. One. The solos would be fun. The vocals would be fun. Fine. But not Enter Sandman. It wouldn't be fun. At all.

And then, after getting the worst song of all time, they're going to have the nerve to put in a Cacophony song. Just you ****ing watch. Then I'll be forced to buy it because Cacophony is the greatest band ever.

In the beginning, I wanted Rock Band, thinking they're going to have some fun songs after seeing Suffragette City. Then they litterally took a **** in my face.

All I'm buying that relates to Rock Band as of now is the Strat. IF it works with GH3.

What about Teh Four Horsemen?
Back to top Go down
thatguy55
Champion Boxer

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 4:12 pm

Jakeycakes wrote:

I might be sorry for asking this, but how many people laughed hysterically when you posted this at Gamespot? This post has just the kind of logic (or lack thereof) I come expect from you Jakeycakes. First of all, what does popularity have to do with anything? Being overused or not has absolutely NOTHING to do with how well the song will play in Rock Band. Secondly, Paranoid is not just the same riff over and over, and if a song having a repitive riff is your problem, why aren't you complaining about Rockaway Beach? That song is just powerchords, whereas Paranoid has some variation in the guitar.

Third, the whole Enter Sandman thing is stupid. A. You are more ignorant than I thought if you actually believe Enter Sandman is the worst song ever, as you are completely overlooking pop, rap, country, emo, and Dragnopower. B. The riff isn't crappy. Repetive I could make a case for, but the riff is catchy, and that's all that matters C. "EMBARRASSING fantasy lyrics"? Aren't you guys who suggest Power metal out the ass?
D.The solo on the custom Enter Sandman video Sottle made looks fun.
E. In Rock BAND, the drums are important as well, and you probably never mentioned them once in this ****ty rant b/c Enter Sandman has good drums. F. GODDAMNIT! ONE SONG DOES NOT MEAN THAT ROCK BAND WILL BE A BAD GAME!

Finally, I'm sorry that Rock Band took a **** in your face. Do you want them to run all of their song choices by you next time? (Oh, and that "Cacophony be teh bestest band EVAR" part was pure comedic gold)

Last edited by on Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
furiousfretwork19.2
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero
furiousfretwork19.2

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 5:25 pm

thatguy55 wrote:
Jakeycakes wrote:

I might be sorry for asking this, but how many people laughed hysterically when you posted this at Gamespot? This post has just the kind of logic (or lack thereof) I come expect from you Jakeycakes. First of all, what does popularity have to do with anything? Being overused or not has absolutely NOTHING to do with how well the song will play in Rock Band. Secondly, Paranoid is not just the same riff over and over, and if a song having a repitive riff is your problem, why aren't you bitching about Rockaway Beach? That song is just powerchords, whereas Paranoid has some variation in the guitar.

Third, the whole Enter Sandman thing is stupid. A. You are more ignorant than I thought if you actually believe Enter Sandman is the worst song ever, as you are completely overlooking pop, rap, country, emo, and Dragnopower. B. The riff isn't crappy. Repetive I could make a case for, but the riff is catchy, and that's all that matters C. "EMBARRASSING fantasy lyrics"? Aren't you guys who suggest Power metal out the ass?
E. In Rock BAND, the drums are important as well, and you probably never mentioned them once in this shitty rant b/c Enter Sandman has good drums. F. GODDAMNIT! ONE SONG DOES NOT MEAN THAT ROCK BAND WILL BE A BAD GAME!

Finally, I'm sorry that Rock Band took a **** in your face. Do you want them to run all of their song choices by you next time? (Oh, and that "Cacophony be teh bestest band EVAR" part was pure comedic gold)

NOOOO!!! YOU IDIOT!!! YOU'RE GOING TO CAUSE TJ TO BLOW UP!!!
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 7:03 pm

:O HALLO THAR THATGUY55!!!! wave
Back to top Go down
pewizzle

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:43 pm

thatguy55 wrote:
Jakeycakes wrote:

I might be sorry for asking this, but how many people laughed hysterically when you posted this at Gamespot? This post has just the kind of logic (or lack thereof) I come expect from you Jakeycakes. First of all, what does popularity have to do with anything? Being overused or not has absolutely NOTHING to do with how well the song will play in Rock Band. Secondly, Paranoid is not just the same riff over and over, and if a song having a repitive riff is your problem, why aren't you complaining about Rockaway Beach? That song is just powerchords, whereas Paranoid has some variation in the guitar.

E. In Rock BAND, the drums are important as well, and you probably never mentioned them once in this ****ty rant b/c Enter Sandman has good drums. F. GODDAMNIT! ONE SONG DOES NOT MEAN THAT ROCK BAND WILL BE A BAD GAME!

**starts clapping**
Back to top Go down
thatguy55
Champion Boxer

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:06 pm

Tony wrote:

wave Hello Tman! I'll probably still stay at the official forums more, but I'll be back!!!!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:07 pm

thatguy55 wrote:
Tony wrote:

wave Hello Tman! I'll probably still stay at the official forums more, but I'll be back!!!!!Very Happy

yay
Back to top Go down
Faggot

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 10:58 pm

Why I'm not worried: DLC

It's like Harmonix knows that they have to go mainstream to get an assload of sales, but they want to be faithful to the music, so they offer a whatever-pack (I'm guessing around 10) of good Metallica songs to the (unfortunately) smaller percentage of people who have heard of songs besides Enter Sandman. AND it's been confirmed you can buy individual songs, so you probably don't need more than a few bucks extra to get one or two awesome Metallica songs. And they still have mostly decent songs in the main list.

MY SECRET SHAME: If I was guaranteed a DLC pack with:

The Song Remains The Same
Over the Hills and Far Away
Rock and Roll
The Lemon Song
Ramble On
Good Times Bad Times
Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)
Communication Breakdown
Dazed and Confused
Achilles Last Stand

and the only condition was that Stairway to Heaven was in the game, I would beg for Stairway so fast, it would make your head spin.

P.S. Jake, quitcher bitchin'. I've listened to Paranoid and it's not nearly as repetitive as, say, Freya. Besides, War Pigs and Iron Man were pretty repetitive, too, and I'm pretty sure you've said you liked War Pigs, at least.

Yes, I would have greatly preferred Fairies Wear Boots, for example, but Paranoid isn't horrible.

Also, anybody else think that Harmonix could have avoided a lot of fallout among hardcore Metallica fans if they'd announced a few of the songs planned for the DLC? Everybody remembers Who's Next and Nevermind, but never the Metallica career-spanning hits.
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 11:09 pm

hey wings where ya been?
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 11:14 pm

Tony wrote:
hey wings where ya been?
jiding when we thought he was cinder
Back to top Go down
Faggot

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 11:27 pm

Los Angeles: visiting family, going to the beach, and going to Disneyland.

i rided a rolr costr Cool
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 4:50 am

thatguy55 wrote:
Jakeycakes wrote:

Why use country as an example? You honestly think Ring of Fire or Meet Me In The Morning are worse than Enter Sandman?

Jesus Christ. You suck. And how can you not find "IT'S JUST DA BESTS UNDER UR BED IN UR CLOSIT IN UR HED" embarrassing?

And if being catchy is all that matters, why doesn't every guitarist just play a minor pentatonic scale up and down everytime they play a solo? Why isn't pop considered the best music ever, if being catchy is all that fucking matters?

Your theories suck. Like you. Go away.
Back to top Go down
Stevo
Lord of Punk
Stevo

Male
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 5:25 am

Not all songs have been confirmed yet for Rock Band so be paitence and because it has one you don't like does not mean that it's a instant Fail

We'll see if it fails or not when the full song list is confirmed
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 5:39 am

Stevo wrote:
Not all songs have been confirmed yet for Rock Band so be paitence and because it has one you don't like does not mean that it's a instant Fail

We'll see if it fails or not when the full song list is confirmed

It means exactly that, actually.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 7:55 am

thatguy55 wrote:

A: It based on more than just sound you idiotic twat.

B: OMG Y HALO THAR IM GUNAQ DO SUMFIN CACHI bap bap bap NAO DATS CACHI DATS DA BEST SON EVAR

C:They ARE embarassing. He's telling little kids to take his hand and forcing them to pray.

D:Customs don't mean crap. I mean, The TTFATF chart looks nothing like the customs.

E: The drums are just keeping the beat. We can't critisize the beat.

F: I am going to be forced to play it. Four times. FOUR. TIMES.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 7:57 am

Julie pwns All of You. wrote:
thatguy55 wrote:

B: OMG Y HALO THAR IM GUNAQ DO SUMFIN CACHI bap bap bap NAO DATS CACHI DATS DA BEST SON EVAR

C:They ARE embarassing. He's telling little kids to take his hand and forcing them to pray.

D:Customs don't mean crap. I mean, The TTFATF chart looks nothing like the customs.

Four times?

... why play on Easy, Medium, and Hard, foo'?

Unless you're talking about Pass, 4-star, 5-star, FC.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 8:00 am

Dennis! Cartoon! Bike! wrote:
thatguy55 wrote:

Four times?

Guitar. Bass. Drums. Singing.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 8:01 am

thatguy55 wrote:

Four times?

Guitar. Bass. Drums. Singing.

Ha ha! You're going to be forced to sing stupid lyrics!
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 8:03 am

Ha ha! You're going to be forced to sing stupid lyrics!

ye i no its horibl :'(
Back to top Go down
thatguy55
Champion Boxer

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:30 pm

Eifion! Gear! Ie! wrote:
thatguy55 wrote:
Jakeycakes wrote:

Why use country as an example? You honestly think Ring of Fire or Meet Me In The Morning are worse than Enter Sandman? I meant most of the genres, I guess I should have clarified that (me likes that and old school rap). That being said, do you honestly think "Jesus Takes The Wheel" is better than Enter Sandman? If you do, YOU FAIL (next time I'll have the Stephen Colbert fail pic)

Jesus Christ. You suck. And how can you not find "IT'S JUST DA BESTS UNDER UR BED IN UR CLOSIT IN UR HED" embarrassing? Easily. I don't listen to songs for lyrics, I listen to them b/c they sound good. That lyric, when sung, sounds good. And it isn't that bad of a lyric.

And if being catchy is all that matters, why doesn't every guitarist just play a minor pentatonic scale up and down everytime they play a solo? Why isn't pop considered the best music ever, if being catchy is all that fucking matters? Look, the day playing scales up and down over and over again becomes catchy, is the day I start listening to Cacophony (=] ). And the "best music ever" comes down to personal taste. I find rock and metal (and Enter Sandman) catchy.

Your theories suck. Like you. Go away. My, my, it looks like I've hit a nerve. I have every right to stay, and I need to to balance out some of this stupidity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:35 pm

thatguy55 wrote:
I meant most of the genres, I guess I should have clarified that (me likes that and old school rap). That being said, do you honestly think "Jesus Takes The Wheel" is better than Enter Sandman? If you do, YOU FAIL (next time I'll have the Stephen Colbert fail pic) The worst song ever is not just about "sound". It's about many varying attributes. Such as what the band has done, the popularity, etc. The best song ever is judged on more than just sound, so why not the worst song ever?

Easily. I don't listen to songs for lyrics, I listen to them b/c they sound good. That lyric, when sung, sounds good. And it isn't that bad of a lyric. HOW THE @#$% DOES IT SOUND GOOD? It sounds like crap.

Look, the day playing scales up and down over and over again becomes catchy, is the day I start listening to Cacophony (=] ). And the "best music ever" comes down to personal taste. I find rock and metal (and Enter Sandman) catchy. But if The Rolling Stone can shove it's opinions down OUR throats, why can't WE do the same?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Harmonix?   What happened to Harmonix? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to Harmonix?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next