Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2007 was 10,000 years ago
How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 pm by Jakeybro

» WHO KICKED ME?
How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:00 am by Toki

» List of Antivirus companies
How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm by Toki

» Well
How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 pm by Toki

» AVENGE ME, SIMBA!! LIST!!
How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 pm by Jakeybro

» Enter sandman
How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm by Jakeybro

» WTF?
How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:19 pm by Jakeybro

» the " we hate RAWK thread".
How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 pm by Jakeybro

» The George Lopez show
How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 pm by Jakeybro

Keywords
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

How my music tastes go..........

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stairway

How my music tastes go.......... Empty
PostSubject: How my music tastes go..........   How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:39 pm

First off, I have to say, sori Gear, I stole some of your words.

Whenever I talk about music, I usually get gang-beaten, or something.

Because I like the non-popular songs and HATE the popular ones.

Because whever somebody asks "wuts da werst son evar??", I reply "Enter Sandman by Metallica". And when they ask what the greatest song ever is, I say "Images by Cacophony".

Yeah, I'm really into Neo-Classical Metal.

I mean, the radio makes certain songs popular, right? And they, like, always choose singles. BUT: Nightrain by Guns N' Roses is a single. Who here can tell me what album that's on without looking it up? Probably only, like, two people. *Sigh* They over-play Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle, and November Rain. The only good song by them they made popular is Sweet Child O' Mine.

Then, you take Metallica. They ONLY play Enter Sandman. It's the worst song ever created. One crappy riff, which they thought "HAY PPL MIGHT HUM THAT", and so they raped the living daylights out of it, with a few powerchords thrown in for good measure, BAD fantasy lyrics... frankly, EMBARRASSING fantasy lyrics, abducted children being forced to pray, which Metallica thought would be clever, crappy vocals, a crappy solo where Kirk just can't leave his stupid wah-wah alone, and a stupid fading outro of James singing "tak ma haaaaaaaaaaaand" over and over. To little kids. When Metallica has made some awesome songs like The Four Horsemen, Ride the Lightning, ...And Justice For All, Frantic, St. Anger, Welcome Home (Sanitarium), etc.

Then we have Iron Maiden. One of the greatest bands of all time, one of the most successful metal bands of all time. I NEVER HEAR THEM ON THE RADIO. And, the only songs people hear are Run to the Hills, The Trooper,The Number of the Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, and 2 Minutes to Midnight. Why? Because the radio grabbed those, and raped the hell out of them. Maiden has much better songs. Like Prowler, Wrathchild, The Wicker Man, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Aces High, I could go on for ages.

We also have Led Zeppelin. THE ONLY SONG I EVER HEAR FROM THEM ON THE RADIO IS STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN. *Facepalm* IT WASN'T EVEN A SINGLE. Rock and Roll. Achilles Last Stand. In the Evening. All much better songs.

Nivana. Grunge. Yay. Smells Like Teen Spirit is the ninth greatest rock song of all time! No, it isn't. It's Nirvana's worst song. But, it was worth it for this.

MEGADETH! YAY! Hangar 18. Boo. Symphony of Destruction. Boo. Peace Sells! YAY! Tornado of Souls! YAY! Notice what I did there?

Ozzy Osbourne doesn't have a bad popularised song. He is our last hope. ...Wait, I take that back. Mr. Crowley sucks.Crazy Train is awesome. I Don't Wanna Stop - Awesome. Over the Mountain - Awesome. Flying High Again - Awesome. Shot in the Dark - Awesome.Then his less-popular songs are even better. Suicide Solution. I Don't Know. Desire. Rock N' Roll Rebel. Hellraiser.

AC/DC! They're awesome. All their songs are awesome. They all sound mostly the same. That's why.

DragonForce. Power Metal. Herman Li is over-rated. Sam Totman is a great guitarist. Herman... Isn't.

I'm getting tirerd of typing this. My closing statement:

Okay, the greatest guitarist of all time is Jason Becker. No-one knows hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmm...The freaking man is amazing. He's God. He's paralized as of now, and STILL writes beautiful music. And when he COULD move, he could play guitar. Insanely well. With one hand. Don't believe me? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVynmM7fDZs
Here's a video of Jason in HIGH SCHOOL playing Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Black Star: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEAtk6moKtw
Perpetual Burn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJfAZDw_n4
Altitudes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wFoSbjXB68

The man is God.
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: How my music tastes go..........   How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:07 pm

the only metallica song they play here is MOP. but at 8:00 its mandatory metallica and they the early stuff through ...AJFO
Back to top Go down
furiousfretwork19.2
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero
furiousfretwork19.2

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: How my music tastes go..........   How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:21 pm

I'm lucky I have Sirius sattelite. They play more Metallica on there then just ES, and I personally love The Four Horsemen, but they never play that. Oh, no. They play stuff like Master Of Puppets, One, Fade To Black, Welcome Home (Sanatarium), Wherever I May Roam, and *shudder* Enter Sandman. I totally agree with you though Teh_J. All those bands have better songs.
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: How my music tastes go..........   How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:23 pm

wtf

I dont wanna read all that :O
Back to top Go down
DAC-BR
Led zeppelins biggest fan
DAC-BR

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: How my music tastes go..........   How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:39 am

Look Jake, I'll tell the reason of you being annoying (don't really know if that sentence is right LOL)

You try to put your opinions above of everyone's else. If someone says "I like Enter Sandman" You keep flaming them for liking the song. You can't change opinions. And how overplayed the song is has nothing to how good it is. Some bands has awesome obscure songs and awesome known songs.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: How my music tastes go..........   How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:45 am

DAC-BR wrote:
Look Jake, I'll tell the reason of you being annoying (don't really know if that sentence is right LOL)

You try to put your opinions above of everyone's else. If someone says "I like Enter Sandman" You keep flaming them for liking the song. You can't change opinions. And how overplayed the song is has nothing to how good it is. Some bands has awesome obscure songs and awesome known songs.

He never said that. The songs were bad in the first place. But they fact that such terrible songs get popularized to the point of making songs that are actually good unknown to the entire world, and all so the selfish radio DJs could get some extra buck, fuels our hate for these songs further.
Back to top Go down
DAC-BR
DAC-BR

Male

PostSubject: Re: How my music tastes go..........   How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:54 am

Except for Metallica, all the songs overplayed on radio are good, not their greatest, but still good. But I don't really listen to the radio
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: How my music tastes go..........   How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 8:33 am

DAC-BR wrote:
Except for Metallica, all the songs overplayed on radio are good, not their greatest, but still good. But I don't really listen to the radio

Enter Sandman is the worst song ever released. It and Master of Puppets are the only songs by them ever on the radio.
Back to top Go down
DAC-BR
DAC-BR

Male

PostSubject: Re: How my music tastes go..........   How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 11:45 am

Juliecakes wrote:
DAC-BR wrote:

Enter Sandman is the worst song ever released. It and Master of Puppets are the only songs by them ever on the radio.
EXCEPT for Metallica, I agree with you about ES
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: How my music tastes go..........   How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 11:46 am

DAC-BR wrote:
Juliecakes wrote:
DAC-BR wrote:

Oh. Sorry. Didn't see that.

Smells Like Teen Spirit. What I've Done.
Back to top Go down
DAC-BR
DAC-BR

Male

PostSubject: Re: How my music tastes go..........   How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 12:25 pm

Juliecakes wrote:
DAC-BR wrote:
Juliecakes wrote:
DAC-BR wrote:

Oh. Sorry. Didn't see that.

Smells Like Teen Spirit. What I've Done.
I like SLTS. Actually, I like everything by Nirvana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How my music tastes go..........   How my music tastes go.......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How my music tastes go..........
Page 1 of 1