Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2007 was 10,000 years ago
Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 pm by Jakeybro

» WHO KICKED ME?
Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:00 am by Toki

» List of Antivirus companies
Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm by Toki

» Well
Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 pm by Toki

» AVENGE ME, SIMBA!! LIST!!
Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 pm by Jakeybro

» Enter sandman
Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm by Jakeybro

» WTF?
Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:19 pm by Jakeybro

» the " we hate RAWK thread".
Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 pm by Jakeybro

» The George Lopez show
Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 pm by Jakeybro

Keywords
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stairway

Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Empty
PostSubject: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 7:55 am

Okay, first off, yes, there are only thirty songs. But they are all FUN.

How I played:
No Hyperspeed.
SFX at 1/2.
Guitar at full.
Band at full.
TV volume on 15.
Expert.

NOTICE ABOUT MY SKILL: I have beaten every song in every GH game on Expert except Jordan. (Yes, I beat Fall of Pangea two days ago)

OPENING LICKS:

Metal Health - First song I played. I felt ripped off after playing it. They took out the damned solo. :'(

I Ran - The three-note chords are kinda tough. They aren't on the "beat-lines", and that kinda messed me up.

Balls to the Wall - THIS is where I got $50 worth of fun. Very fun song, easy, yes, but still fun.

AMP-WARMERS:

No-One Like You - This song suprised me. omfg, it was fun. AND I KNEW IT. :O I thought it wasn't going to be the song it was...

Because, It's Midnite - Wow. That solo doesn't belong in the second tier. It belongs in the sixth tier.

STRING-SNAPPERS:

Holy Diver - Much more fun than I thought it would be after seeing the charts, though less fun than I thought before seeing the charts. The cover's vocals may suck, but they added a fun little outro to it.

The Warrior - Probably the easiest song in the game. 99%. First try. Gimme a day or two, I'll FC it.

I Wanna Rock - Origionally I didn't think this would be that fun. ANd the live version they used's vocals sucked. The live version has a solo. A FUN solo.

RETURN OF THE SHRED:

What I Like About You - Somebody said this song had a hard solo. I don't know why. It was an easy song. Still fun, but easy.

Ballroom Blitz - Another cover of a cover? Oh woe is me! It was pretty fun, yet still missing something. They did a cover, they should have added a solo or something.

Round and Round - WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY more fun than I thought. The solo was actually pretty fun.

RELENTLESS RIFFS:

Ain't Nothin' But a Good Time - The second song I got into the red in. (Because, It's Midnite being the first) It's because I thought evertything was coming before or after it was in the first tenth of the song.

Lonely is the Night - I've wanted to play this song for months. MONTHS. They fucked up the cover. Not only is the singer nothing at all like Squier (Think Sweet Child O' Mine), the guitar was all echo-y. Still fun, though.

Los Angeles - Wow. This song is pretty fun. One complaint, though. Since the song has both male and female singing in it, why not have both singers out at once? They just had the girl out. :'(

Wrathchild - Iron Maiden's best Di'Anno-era song, except maybe Prowler, was really fun to play. Sure, it's no Can I Play With Madness, but it IS very fun.

FURIOUS FRETWORK:

Hellion/Electric Eye - VERY fun. I'm glad they got a master. The vocal-work on this song is just creepy, and nobody could properly imitate it. Beat it first try, got 4* on it second.

Police Truck - Um... Why is this in the 6th tier? This is no way in hell harder than Because, It's Midnite's solo. 4* first try.

Seventeen - Expecting to fail this. Didn't. It was very fun, yet oddly easy...

Caught in a Mosh - ...Um... I haven't heard the original, so I liked the cover. It was easy, but fun.

Play With Me - ...The ultimate shredder track? That would imply failing it a few times. I beat it. First. Try. Expert. It was really fun, though. Extreme is a great band. This song was worthy of the final encore. The only other song in the game that could have been final encore is Hellion/Electric Eye.

Overall: Buy it. I DEFINATELY got $50 worth of fun.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 7:59 am

I want it :(

But I don't think I have enough bloody money. I don't want to rely on Amazon.co.uk after my Jason Becker CDs took 5 WEEKS.

My woolworths might have it. Problem is, I don't know how much it'd cost over there. Gah.
Back to top Go down
Faggot

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 9:51 am

Yeah, it's easy. I FCed three songs on my first try (We Got the Beat, The Warrior, Lonely is the Night) and four more look easy enough to FC without breaking a sweat soon (I Ran, Heat of the Moment, What I Like About You, Only A Lad).

Beat all of the songs first try, and five-starred all but four (Electric Eye, Police Truck, Caught in a Mosh, Play With Me) first try. Got five stars on Police Truck second try.

A lot of fun songs (I Ran, No One Like You, Heat of the Moment, Holy Diver, Hold on Loosely, I Wanna Rock, What I Like About You, Only A Lad, Round and Round, Ain't Nothin' But A Good Time, Play With Me)

Wrathchild was a disappointing choice, and I still think they should have went with something from Piece of Mind or Powerslave, but it was still okay, and maybe it'll grow on me. The rest of the songs were okay, but nothing special at first glance.
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male
Number of posts : 209
Favorite Admin : Job: Paper Boy. Hobbies- Piano, guitar, french horn, MTG, Guitar Hero, myself...
Humor : What happens in Alabama stays in the family.
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 10:31 am

GearGearGearGearGearGear! wrote:

But I don't think I have enough bloody money. I don't want to rely on Amazon.co.uk after my Jason Becker CDs took 5 WEEKS.

My woolworths might have it. Problem is, I don't know how much it'd cost over there. Gah.

If you can find a Best Buy add that says $40 and price match it at Walmart if you don't have a Best Buy near then you save $10. That's what I did when my dad pointed out the add to me.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 10:33 am

Glamy wrote:

If you can find a Best Buy add that says $40 and price match it at Walmart if you don't have a Best Buy near then you save $10. That's what I did when my dad pointed out the add to me.

... I live in Wales.
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 11:00 am

you are a noob if you failed because its midnight
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 11:01 am

I didn't fail it. I got into the red. I failed nothing.
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 11:13 am

oh but thats not just to you thats easy. i beat the solo no star power
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 11:17 am

7 almight's GH ability =/= Jakeycakes' GH ability.
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 11:57 am

wutz that supposed to mean? i suck?
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 12:02 pm

No. That means your ability and his are different.
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male
Favorite Admin : Job: Paper Boy. Hobbies- Piano, guitar, french horn, MTG, Guitar Hero, myself...

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:07 pm

Glamy wrote:

... I live in Wales.

Oh, didn't know that. Well, good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:09 pm

I'll phone Woolworths up in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:29 pm

7 almighty wrote:
oh but thats not just to you thats easy. i beat the solo no star power

Might I ask, do you have god like speed with fingers? Maybe it's just me, my family is born with weak bones so it effects my reaction time some but still, that seems inhuman.
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:37 pm

hyperspeed so i can see buttons. ya i do have fast fingers. 96% hangar 18
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:39 pm

7 almighty wrote:
hyperspeed

You have lost all credibility thar.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:40 pm

Lord_Jakester wrote:
7 almighty wrote:
hyperspeed

Oui.
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 2:58 pm

i bet now that i know what the buttons are ill do it
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 3:24 pm

Lord_Jakester wrote:
7 almighty wrote:
hyperspeed

Oui.

Hyperspeed is lame.
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 3:34 pm

whose hands still hurt from the day you got it? mine do i played 7 hours straight. 5* all songs on hard and 6 more for expert
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 4:12 pm

7 eats hotsnakes wrote:
whose hands still hurt from the day you got it? mine do i played 7 hours straight. 5* all songs on hard and 6 more for expert

I couldn't because if I play excessively I fear I'll get carpal tunnel because of all the stuff I do. I only had time to play through hard once and a few songs on expert. I'm still working on expert right now, I've been busy for most of the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.   Got the game. Beat it. My impressions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got the game. Beat it. My impressions.
Page 1 of 1