Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2007 was 10,000 years ago
Rant about posers Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 pm by Jakeybro

» WHO KICKED ME?
Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:00 am by Toki

» List of Antivirus companies
Rant about posers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm by Toki

» Well
Rant about posers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 pm by Toki

» AVENGE ME, SIMBA!! LIST!!
Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 pm by Jakeybro

» Enter sandman
Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm by Jakeybro

» WTF?
Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:19 pm by Jakeybro

» the " we hate RAWK thread".
Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 pm by Jakeybro

» The George Lopez show
Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 pm by Jakeybro

Keywords
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Rant about posers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony777

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 4:11 pm

I hate it when kids wear a band T shirt and they don't know shit about the band

Like you got these 15 year olds wearing a pink floyd T shirt and you ask them to name 5 floyd songs and they are all like:

"Durr um.... We dun need no edukationz , erm.. darkside of teh moon... and umm... I don't know their other songs durrrrrrr"

Or you see a kid in a ramones T shirt and ask him to name 5 ramones songs and hes like

"Uhhhhhh.... blitzkreig bop.....I wanna be sedated... uuhh... uhhh (runs away)"

WTF?

Why do kids think its cool to wear certain bands T shirts even if they don't like the band?

The bands with the biggest cases of this are:
The ramones
The misfits
Pink floyd
AC/DC
Led zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix

And whats worse is cheap stores like wal mart sell some classic band T shirts for low prices... thus poor kids buy the shirts w/o knowing the bands... thus other kids see it as a trend... other kids want to be "Cool" so they go buy an AC/DC shirt whilst knowing 1 AC/DC song......

Its complete bullshit

WALMART AND TARGET AND SEARS NEED TO STOP SELLING CLASSIC ROCK T SHIRTs

AND PEOPLE NEED TO NOT WEAR BAND SHIRTS UNLESS THEY ARE A TRUE FAN OF THE BAND ON THE SHIRT!

Last edited by on Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stairway

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 4:14 pm

I have an AC/DC t-shirt... And a Jimi Hendrix one.
Back to top Go down
Tony777

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 4:15 pm

Lord_Jakester wrote:

Do you ACTUALLY listen to either one?
Back to top Go down
Stairway

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 4:19 pm

Tman wrote:
Lord_Jakester wrote:

Do you ACTUALLY listen to either one?

I will name 10 songs from each.

AC/DC:
Whole Lotta Rosie
TNT
Highway to Hell
Shoot to Thrill
Thunderstruck
Money Talks
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
If You Want Blood You Got It
It's a Long Way to the Top if Ya Wanna Rock n' Roll
You Shook Me All Night Long

Hendrix:
Purple Haze
Spanish Castle Magic
Machine Gun
Voodoo Chile
All Along the Watchtower (Cover)
EXP
Up From the Skies
Little Wing (Cover)
Bold as Love
Hey Joe
Back to top Go down
Jinzo

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:09 pm

I can honestly say I cannot list 10 Jimi Hendrix songs...

But anyway, I have a Boston, Journey, The Who, Van Halen, and The Eagles shirt. I guess you could call me a poser about Journey, but my parents got me the shirt for Christmas, and I never wear it outside the house.
Back to top Go down
Tony777

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:13 pm

Jinzo wrote:

But anyway, I have a Boston, Journey, The Who, Van Halen, and The Eagles shirt. I guess you could call me a poser about Journey, but my parents got me the shirt for Christmas, and I never wear it outside the house.

I attempted to listen to alot of journey once... it didn't go over well

How the hell did they make "Seperate ways" and "anyway you want it" and then have everything else mostly be pretty shitty in comparisson o_o
Back to top Go down
Jinzo

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:18 pm

Tman wrote:
Jinzo wrote:

I attempted to listen to alot of journey once... it didn't go over well

How the hell did they make "Seperate ways" and "anyway you want it" and then have everything else mostly be pretty shitty in comparisson o_o

Honestly, all of their other songs are sad ballads, and Journey's Ballads really aren't that good, well, except for this song called Anytime. Now that is a good song.
Back to top Go down
Tony777

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:23 pm

I don't mind it if people are posers about something original

But it pisses me off to see 17 different kids wearing a jimi hendrix shirt every day when probably only 2 of them are actually into jimi hendrix

My bro has TWO... count them MOTHERFUCKIN TWO LOL Jimi hendrix shirts... and he does not listen to him AT ALL literally......

He also has a pink floyd shirt , AND DOES NOT AT ALL LISTEN TO HIM EITHER

He has an old LP shirt, he STILL wears it even though he doesn't listen to them

He has a green day shirt... same thing as the LP shirt

All I got is a from first to last shirt, and I could tell anyone anything about them off the top of my head

I think for people to wear a bands shirt they should meet at least meet this minimum requirement lol

Like a Star @ heaven Has at least 1 album from them and actually listens to it

What do you consider the minimum requirement to wear a band shirt w/o seeming retarded? lol
Back to top Go down
Jinzo

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:30 pm

Well, I guess I can speak for myself with my The Eagles shirt. It has the cover of the Hotel California album on the shirt. Now, I don't really know all the much about The Eagles, but I do know some. I know the drummer was the lead singer and his name was Don Henley. I know their Greatest Hits was the top selling album in America. I mean, that's it. I listen to Hotel California and Life in the Fastlane, their 2 most cliche songs. But, I feel the knowledge I do know about them is more than most people would know, So I feel comfortable wearing it. I would say a general rule would be to look up atleast a little information before wearing a shirt from a band.
Back to top Go down
Tony777

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:33 pm

Like....

I'd rather see someone with an ORIGINAL band T shirt posing you know

like...

If some kid was wearing a sonata arctica T shirt and I ask them to name 5 songs but they could only name 4 or some shit , I'd be ok with hearing that... because at least they are wearing it out of love of those 4 songs , rather than wearing it because everyone else does (as seen w/ hendrix)
Back to top Go down
Jinzo

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:37 pm

Tman wrote:
Like....

like...

If some kid was wearing a sonata arctica T shirt and I ask them to name 5 songs but they could only name 4 or some shit , I'd be ok with hearing that... because at least they are wearing it out of love of those 4 songs , rather than wearing it because everyone else does (as seen w/ hendrix)

Agreed. If that same thing happened, but a kid was wearing a Boston shirt, Even if he only just liked some crappy song off of Corporate America, I would still be joyous.
Back to top Go down
Tony777

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 9:10 pm

Jinzo wrote:
Tman wrote:
Like....

like...

Agreed. If that same thing happened, but a kid was wearing a Boston shirt, Even if he only just liked some crappy song off of Corporate America, I would still be joyous.

yeah cause at least the kids wearing it out of love for the crappy song off corporate america and not to look cool

500 kids wearing hendrix T shirts is so obviously a trend , 1 kid wearing boston isn't a trend

so yeah
Back to top Go down
7 likes

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 12:10 pm

none of my friends know who any of those people are

iron maiden=
    1. the trooper 2. run to the hills 3. aces high 4. number of the beast 5. bring your daughter to the slaughter 6. the wicker man 7. wrath child 8. hallowed be thy name 9. rime of the ancient mariner
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 12:13 pm

I can name every single Yellowcard song in order they were released on the album, post 2000.
Back to top Go down
Zack10house
Roadie
Roadie

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 2:36 am

I only have two band shirts: System Of A Down and Lamb Of God
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male
Number of posts : 209
Favorite Admin : Job: Paper Boy. Hobbies- Piano, guitar, french horn, MTG, Guitar Hero, myself...
Humor : What happens in Alabama stays in the family.
Registration date : 2007-07-19

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 11:06 am

Yup, posers suck but it's fun picking on them. Like I ask them what their five favorite Pink Floyd songs are and once they finally give me at least three and get uncomfortable then I shove pretty much the history of Pink Floyd down their throats until they choke to death. I do the same with Queen and every other 'popular' classic rock bands.

As for the shirts of bands I have. I have two with the Queen logo, one with the cover of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, and then one with the ending verse to S.tairway To Heaven(don't flame, I like the song but it's complete and utter crap for the game.)

Last edited by on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stairway

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 11:08 am

Glamy wrote:
I am a faggot. To Heaven

I love this forum. I love you
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male
Favorite Admin : Job: Paper Boy. Hobbies- Piano, guitar, french horn, MTG, Guitar Hero, myself...

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 11:09 am

Lord_Jakester wrote:
Glamy wrote:
I am a faggot. To Heaven

Jake, just watch. You'll lose those mod privileges soon enough with how much you abuse them.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 11:19 am

Glamy wrote:
Lord_Jakester wrote:
Glamy wrote:
I am a faggot. To Heaven

Jake, just watch. You'll lose those mod privileges soon enough with how much you abuse them.

That was there before.
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 11:23 am

Lord_Jakester wrote:
Glamy wrote:
Lord_Jakester wrote:
Glamy wrote:
I am a faggot. To Heaven

That was there before.

...I have already expressed I would never show homosexuality to metalheads, meaning any reference like faggot, gay, and things like that. Also you're as far as I know the only mod online right now. Plus you put the 'I love this forum' quote. Let's see, so you're basically trying to tell me 2+2=47 without being even philosophical about it.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 11:24 am

Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 11:27 am

Well that's retarded. It's a good song, just not for Guitar Hero.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rant about posers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant about posers   Rant about posers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rant about posers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum :: The Battlefield-
Jump to: