Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2007 was 10,000 years ago
Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 pm by Jakeybro

» WHO KICKED ME?
Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:00 am by Toki

» List of Antivirus companies
Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm by Toki

» Well
Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 pm by Toki

» AVENGE ME, SIMBA!! LIST!!
Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 pm by Jakeybro

» Enter sandman
Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm by Jakeybro

» WTF?
Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:19 pm by Jakeybro

» the " we hate RAWK thread".
Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 pm by Jakeybro

» The George Lopez show
Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 pm by Jakeybro

Keywords
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Svart's Favorite Guitarists

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fsflihgl

Svart's Favorite Guitarists Empty
PostSubject: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 6:10 pm

I bet you can guess who is in first place!

1. John Petrucci (is god. No really. He is.) Can play any genre of music, and is part of my favorite band ever. My favorite, must learn solo:Hollow Years.

2. Buckethead. He has a bucket on his head. And he has a nice guitar. And he wrote an incredibly hard song for guitar hero. And he's really, really good. My favorite song: Padmasana.

3. Andy Summers. Yes, THAT Andy Summers. He's quite good. He plays jazz now, apparently. As seen here. And this opening of this. But my favorite Police song (and it's not Message In A Bottle): Synchronicity II.
His words: "Get a good teacher. Learn as many solos as you can!"

4. John Frusciante.
The Red Hot Chili Peppers are awesome. See here: By The Way. He plays solo too: The Past Recedes.

5. Stevie Ray Vaughan.
It's ashamed he died early. The blues are win. Texas Flood.

6. Carlos Santana
He should get more recognition. Why? Because he's good. Black Magic Woman is in Guitar Hero III.

7. Brian May

8. Slash

9. David Gilmour

10. Eric Clapton

Last edited by on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:12 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
1234r1342r234r
Kind of a Big Deal
1234r1342r234r

Male
Number of posts : 194
Favorite Admin : guitar hero, baseball, music, golf
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 7:02 pm

Svartingr wrote:
I bet you can guess who is in first place!

1. John Petrucci (is god. No really. He is.) Can play any genre of music, and is part of my favorite band ever. My favorite, must learn solo:Hollow Years.

2. Buckethead. He has a bucket on his head. And he has a nice guitar. And he wrote an incredibly hard song for guitar hero. And he's really, really good. My favorite song: Padmasana.

3. Andy Summers. Yes, THAT Andy Summers. He's quite good. He plays jazz now, apparently. As seen here. And this opening of this. But my favorite Police song (and it's not Message In A Bottle): Synchronicity II.
His words: "Get a good teacher. Learn as many solos as you can!"

4. John Frusciante.

5. Stevie Ray Vaughan

6. Carlos Santana
YOU WIN someone with a decent list! thank you for puttin buckethead and frusciante
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 7:13 am

Svartingr wrote:

No. Most of his albums are just mindless filler.
Back to top Go down
fsflihgl

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:00 am

You're just mad there's no Becker or Friedman.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:02 am

No. I don't care. Buckethead just does mindless souless filler. He's one of the five most overrated guitarists of all time. ;-;
Back to top Go down
fsflihgl

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:06 am

Juliecakes wrote:
No. I don't care. Buckethead just does mindless souless filler. He's one of the five most overrated guitarists of all time. ;-;

But Padmasana is soulful.

:'(
Back to top Go down
1234r1342r234r
Kind of a Big Deal
1234r1342r234r

Male

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:20 pm

Juliecakes wrote:

F*** you. you can't say buckethead is overrated. he's one of the fastest guitarists of all-time (top 5 i think) and is a beast at solos, and you're gonna say he sucks? i bet can't you can't do any of the crap he does, even if you've played all your life (like becker's any better)
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:27 pm

Jason wrote:
Juliecakes wrote:

F*** you. you can't say buckethead is overrated. he's one of the fastest guitarists of all-time (top 5 i think) and is a beast at solos, and you're gonna say he sucks? i bet can't you can't do any of the crap he does, even if you've played all your life (like becker's any better)

Becker puts effort into his music. HE CAN'T EVEN @$#%ing MOVE OR SPEAK, BUT HE STILL MADE AN ALBUM. 9 TRACKS. IN 5 YEARS. Buckethead's all about speed. Becker's all about music. Die.
Back to top Go down
Dave
Ziggy Played Guitar.........
Dave

Male
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:39 pm

Let's calm down guys.

Jason- No need for that. Seriously. It's his opinion, he won't change it, leave him alone. He's entitled to one.

Jake- Please don't come back hard on Jason (like I know you will). No need for a rant.

Gear- No need to tell him to die
Back to top Go down
http://www.lpassociation.com
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:43 pm

Dave wrote:
Let's calm down guys.

Jason- No need for that. Seriously. It's his opinion, he won't change it, leave him alone. He's entitled to one.

Jake- Please don't come back hard on Jason (like I know you will). No need for a rant.

Gear- No need to tell him to die

Gtfo.
Back to top Go down
Dave
Dave

Male

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:43 pm

You're welcome?
Back to top Go down
1234r1342r234r
Kind of a Big Deal
1234r1342r234r

Male

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:01 pm

Eifion! Gear! Ie! wrote:
Jason wrote:
Juliecakes wrote:

Becker puts effort into his music. HE CAN'T EVEN @$#%ing MOVE OR SPEAK, BUT HE STILL MADE AN ALBUM. 9 TRACKS. IN 5 YEARS. Buckethead's all about speed. Becker's all about music. Die.

buckethead's all about speed (yeah right). if he was, all of his songs would be like dragonforce (one note over and over), but they aren't (jordan and nottingham lace are pretty ridiculous). you gotta be pretty good to move your fingers that fast
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:19 pm

Jason wrote:
Eifion! Gear! Ie! wrote:
Jason wrote:
Juliecakes wrote:

buckethead's all about speed (yeah right). if he was, all of his songs would be like dragonforce (one note over and over), but they aren't (jordan and nottingham lace are pretty ridiculous). you gotta be pretty good to move your fingers that fast

Can you HONESTLY say Buckethead has put as much effort, emotion, skill, and time into a song as this?
Back to top Go down
hotsnakes
Pretty sexy.
hotsnakes

Male
Number of posts : 407
Favorite Admin : me, n00b
Humor : Dane Cook + Ron White ftw
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:41 pm

becker is better than buckethead.

friedman is better than buckethead.

buckethead is still good.

stop acting like 8-year olds.
Back to top Go down
fsflihgl

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 7:47 pm

hotsnakes wrote:

Thank you. This thread isn't about who is good. It is about who my FAVORITES are. Becker and Friedman are good, but they are not my favorites. Why? I'm not a fan of neoclassical metal.
Back to top Go down
hotsnakes
Pretty sexy.
hotsnakes

Male
Number of posts : 407
Favorite Admin : me, n00b
Humor : Dane Cook + Ron White ftw
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 7:51 pm

Svartingr wrote:
hotsnakes wrote:

Thank you. This thread isn't about who is good. It is about who my FAVORITES are. Becker and Friedman are good, but they are not my favorites. Why? I'm not a fan of neoclassical metal.

also, props for having the balls to put up summers, frusciante and santana. i haven't heard a lot of summers and santana but i know that theyre jazz, and jazz is SWEET. also, frusciante = beer headbang
Back to top Go down
1234r1342r234r
Kind of a Big Deal
1234r1342r234r

Male

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:17 pm

it's a good list, but where's petrucci!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave
Dave

Male

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 12:15 am

Jason. Give up. If he doesn't like Petrucci, he doesn't like him.

And since when do you like him?
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 6:11 am

Svartingr wrote:
hotsnakes wrote:

I didn't start anything up. When I see people getting beaten up who can't stand up for themselves, I stand up for them.
Back to top Go down
1234r1342r234r
Kind of a Big Deal
1234r1342r234r

Male

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:47 am

i don't like him. i just think he's beastly at guitar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Svart's Favorite Guitarists   Svart's Favorite Guitarists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Svart's Favorite Guitarists
Page 1 of 1