Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2007 was 10,000 years ago
songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 pm by Jakeybro

» WHO KICKED ME?
songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:00 am by Toki

» List of Antivirus companies
songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm by Toki

» Well
songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 pm by Toki

» AVENGE ME, SIMBA!! LIST!!
songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 pm by Jakeybro

» Enter sandman
songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm by Jakeybro

» WTF?
songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:19 pm by Jakeybro

» the " we hate RAWK thread".
songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 pm by Jakeybro

» The George Lopez show
songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 pm by Jakeybro

Keywords
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

songs you can play or working on

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
7 likes

songs - songs you can play or working on Empty
PostSubject: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 12:53 pm

this where you post what songs you do o teh guitar.

done: last child, hotel california

working on: fury of the storm( yah its dragongorce wut you gunna do?), hallowed be thy name

post suckaz!
Back to top Go down
Jinzo

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 1:09 pm

On Bass I can play quite a few songs: Godzilla, Renegade, Saturday Night Special, Money, Hair of the Dog, and many more.

I'm working on: Hocus Pocus, Black Dog, Are You Gonna Be My Girl, and Lady.
Back to top Go down
fsflihgl

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 2:06 pm

Done: Message In A Bottle, Heart-Shaped Box, Melissa, Aqualung, Put Your Lights On, Kryptonite.

Working On: YYZ, Hollow Years, mad shredding and lead skills.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 3:02 pm

This is what I've been working on since July-ish.

Metal Health (Bang Your Head): 100% done.
Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour: 100% done.
Perry Mason: 100% done.
2+2=5: 100% done.
Yes Please: 100% done.
Black Sabbath: 90% done.
Black Cat: 70% done.
Holy Wars: 70% done.
Overture 1622: 60% done.
End of the Beginning: 30% done.

I like to learn 10 a month. But with The End of the Beginning, I'm pushing myself to learn all of the parts, including the oboes, and cellos, on the guitar.

I play the oboe part as tapping.

Learning an 11-minute song is hard...
Back to top Go down
hotsnakes
Pretty sexy.
hotsnakes

Male
Number of posts : 407
Favorite Admin : me, n00b
Humor : Dane Cook + Ron White ftw
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 4:09 pm

megadeth - symphony of destruction (except the solo)
sublime - santeria
beatles - day tripper
crap that i made up

i'm looking for some songs that aren't that hard to play, since i'm not that awesome.

metal or blues preferably.

Last edited by on Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 4:11 pm

is no one suprised im doing FOTS?
Back to top Go down
Brandon

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 7:37 pm

an7hony wrote:
is no one suprised im doing FOTS?

Are you averaging 100 posts a day?
Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 8:22 pm

no i aint
Back to top Go down
fsflihgl

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 6:44 am

EIFION! GEAR! RARGH! wrote:

I like to learn 10 a month. But with The End of the Beginning, I'm pushing myself to learn all of the parts, including the oboes, and cellos, on the guitar.

That's a lot of songs, Gear. I tend to work on theory and scales more than anything else. I just learn songs so I can play for people when they ask me to play something.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 10:18 am

svartingr wrote:
EIFION! GEAR! RARGH! wrote:

I like to learn 10 a month. But with The End of the Beginning, I'm pushing myself to learn all of the parts, including the oboes, and cellos, on the guitar. With Holy Wars I'm learning a lot about half-time feel and whatever.

That's a lot of songs, Gear. I tend to work on theory and scales more than anything else. I just learn songs so I can play for people when they ask me to play something.

I've learnt enough theory and scales. You tend to learn more from other guitarists than just guitar theory.

Such as, when I saw learning Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour, I learnt you didn't have to limit yourself to tapping on the top two strings, in a solo. You could do it on the third string before the verse.
But with The End of the Beginning, I'm finding ways of playing Oboes, Cellos, and Piano parts on the guitar. And it's an 11-minute song. So yay!

I'm about 35% done with it now.

Also, I'm transposing all these by ear. It saves having to go "um i cant find tabz 4 dis can sum1 plz get sum 4 me???????".
Back to top Go down
hotsnakes
Pretty sexy.
hotsnakes

Male
Number of posts : 407
Favorite Admin : me, n00b
Humor : Dane Cook + Ron White ftw
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:18 pm

i'll ask again...
i'm looking for some songs that aren't that hard to play, since i'm not that awesome.

Back to top Go down
7 likes

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:19 pm

last child is easy
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:20 pm

hotsnakes wrote:
i'll ask again...

Pipeline.
Back to top Go down
fsflihgl

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 3:53 pm

I forgot to add a few more that I can do:

Allman Brothers :: Jessica (the main riff)
GNR :: Sweet Child (the main riff)

Working on both of them.

Oh, oh. And my own stuff.
Back to top Go down
Hwy2Hell
Garage Band
Garage Band
Hwy2Hell

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 10:10 pm

I just recently started taking my guitar playing more serious, instead of just something to pass the time with, so I only know one song from beginning to end memorized.

And it is...
You Shook Me All Night Long-AC/DC

Just finished it about 30 minutes ago. I know its not that hard but its a start.
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 10:12 pm

Hwy2Hell wrote:
I just recently started taking my guitar playing more serious, instead of just something to pass the time with, so I only know one song from beginning to end memorized.

And it is...
You Shook Me All Night Long-AC/DC

Just finished it about 30 minutes ago. I know its not that hard but its a start.

NO WAI! U SHUD LURN THROUGH THE FIRE AND THE FLAMES FOR 1ST SONG! lol!

kidding of course
Back to top Go down
Dave
Ziggy Played Guitar.........
Ziggy Played Guitar.........
Dave

Male
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 10:39 pm

My proudest moment was learning to play the first bass riff in Foreplay. Currently working on memorizing some Blink-182 bass lines and Until the End on guitar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lpassociation.com
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 5:08 am

Okay, I've been working on it all quite hard since 8 this morning. Here's how I'm getting on:

Black Sabbath: 100% done.
Holy Wars: 100% done.
Black Cat: 73-ish% done. (Been working on the sweeping mostlly).
Overture 1622: 60% done. (Haven't been working on it, really.)
End of the Beginning: 40% done. (YAY!).
Back to top Go down
Hwy2Hell
Garage Band
Garage Band
Hwy2Hell

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 2:28 pm

Just finished Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
Back to top Go down
Jinzo

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 2:38 pm

Dave wrote:
My proudest moment was learning to play the first bass riff in Foreplay.

Since my first post, I've been working on this one too. I've almost got it...Cool
Back to top Go down
fsflihgl

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 6:39 pm

Currently trying to nail:

The shred-tastic part of the Sweet Child solo.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:16 am

I've finished all of the songs I mentioned earlier. Except The End of the Beginning. All I have left to do for that is find a sweeping method to play the piano arpeggios at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: songs you can play or working on   songs - songs you can play or working on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

songs you can play or working on
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum :: Off Topic :: Promote Your Band :: Real Guitar Heroes-
Jump to: