Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2007 was 10,000 years ago
THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 pm by Jakeybro

» WHO KICKED ME?
THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:00 am by Toki

» List of Antivirus companies
THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm by Toki

» Well
THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 pm by Toki

» AVENGE ME, SIMBA!! LIST!!
THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 pm by Jakeybro

» Enter sandman
THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm by Jakeybro

» WTF?
THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:19 pm by Jakeybro

» the " we hate RAWK thread".
THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 pm by Jakeybro

» The George Lopez show
THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 pm by Jakeybro

Keywords
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stairway

THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Empty
PostSubject: THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!   THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 9:06 am

NOTABLE SONGS: Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, Dr. Feelgood by Motley Cure, Breaking the Chains by Dokken, Frantic by Metallica, Whole Lotta Rosie by AC/DC, and Mama Kin by Aerosmith

10: SEVENTEEN by WINGER off WINGER
I don't care what Beavis and Butthead think. This song deserves to be on the top ten. Last time, Dr. Feelgood by Motley Crue represented hair metal in my top ten. Now it's Seventeen. Seventeen depicts how a band can just make a single, and get into the top 20 on the US Mainstream Rock charts.

9: SHE BUILDS QUICK MACHINES by VELVET REVOLVER off LIBERTAD
Meh. Needed something from this century. Velvet Revolver is a super-group. Duff McKagan, Slash, and Matt Sorum from Guns N' Roses, Scott Weiland from STP, and Dave Kushner from Wasted Youth. This band exemplifies how people from different bands can just form into one without much conflict. AND how I DON'T HATE SONGS JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE SINGLES.

8: HELLION/ELECTRIC EYE by JUDAS PRIEST off SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE
Yes, I know, this is technically TWO songs, but Hellion was MEANT to lead into Electric Eye. This combination is an epic finisher, an epic starting point, just plain epic. Like a heavy metal Freebird.

7: PROWLER by IRON MAIDEN off IRON MAIDEN
Everybody forgets Di'Anno. Paul Di'Anno was Maiden's original singer. When anybody thinks of Maiden, they think of Bruce Dickinson (Or Eddie). Sure, Dickinson WAS a better vocalist. But Di'Anno has Maiden's two best songs (Prowler and Wrathchild). Oh, yeah, they also had Blaze Bailey, but nobody really talks about him.

6: NIGHTRAIN by GUNS N' ROSES off APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION
Slash, number 5 on the greatest guitarist evar scale. Axl has a iconic rock n' roll voice. Izzy Stradlin, the greatest Rhythm guitarist evar. They meld together so well in this forgetten gem off Appetite For Destrution.

5: OVER THE MOUNTAIN by OZZY OSBOURNE off DIARY OF A MADMAN
To round out the top five, we have a little gem by Ozzy Osbourne and Randy Rhoads. Randy was a God, third greatest guitarist of all time. This song exhibits how well he could play, and how well he matched with Ozzy's vocal style. (I couldn't find another video with the studio version)

4: ANGEL by MARTY FRIEDMAN off SCENES
...Wow. That's all I have to say. Friedman just amazes me with how well this track was put together. It was really hard deciding between my top four who would get number one...

3: PLAY WITH ME by EXTREME off EXTREME
Nuno Bettencourt was (probably) the fourth greatest guitarist of all time. Extreme also had the world's greatest drummer. Rated number one in every aspect of drumming. Just by the beginning, you can tell this'll be epic.

2: ALTITUDES by JASON BECKER off PERPETUAL BURN
Becker made this masterpiece. During his album with Roth, he was diagnosed with ALS. And he still made music. The man is GOD.

1: IMAGES by CACOPHONY off GO OFF!
There is no link to this song. It's full of epic and win. Jason Becker and Marty Friedman, the two greatest guitarists of all time, worked on this track, and it's the most epic song. Ever.

Last edited by on Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:36 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!   THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 9:11 am

Win.

Though, Jason didn't have ALS when he recorded Altitudes.

Or did you word it badly? Mad

I demand a greatest guitar solos next! cheers
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!   THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 9:14 am

Yes, I worded it badly.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!   THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 9:15 am

Cool.

Mine would look a lot different to this.

I think I'll go do it! santa
Back to top Go down
Jinzo

PostSubject: Re: THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!   THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 9:15 am

Well....

Of course that is just your opinion. I will just leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!   THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 9:16 am

Gear Awesomdistria wrote:
I demand a greatest guitar solos next! cheers

I was thinking of doing the greatest albums of all time next.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!   THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Updated...
Back to top Go down
DAC-BR
Led zeppelins biggest fan
DAC-BR

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!   THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:02 am

My top 10

10: Syumpathy For The Devil by Rolling Stones
9: Let It Be by The Beatles
8: Like A Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan
7: Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
6: Kashmir by Led Zeppelin
5: Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd
4: Starship Trooper by Yes
3: Bohemian Rapsody by Queen
2: A Day In The Life by The Beatles
1: Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin

Say what you want Jake, Stairway is my favorite and nothing can change that
Back to top Go down
DAC-BR
DAC-BR

Male

PostSubject: Re: THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!   THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:53 am

Extreme has the greatest drummer? Please Jake, tell me you were joking

I can name 20 guys from ther top of my head that would make that guy cry
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!   THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:04 am

DAC-BR wrote:
Extreme has the greatest drummer? Please Jake, tell me you were joking

I can name 20 guys from ther top of my head that would make that guy cry

Well, Mike Mangini, officially the fastest drummer on Earth, played in Extreme.

http://www.mikemangini.com/1mikemanginipage/biospage.htm

*Official W.F.D. World's Fastest Drummer-
{all records are single strokes in one minute unless noted differently}

Matched Grip (1,247.) Ranking: 1 (2005,04,03)
Traditional Grip (1,126.) Ranking: 1 (2005,04,03,02)
Bare Hands (1,138.) Ranking: 1 (2005,04,03,02)
15 Min. Feet (13,222.) Ranking: 1 (2005)
5 Min. Feet (4,555.) Ranking: 1 (2005)

Those are INSANE amounts
Back to top Go down
DAC-BR
DAC-BR

Male

PostSubject: Re: THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!   THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:16 am

I tought you were talking about the first drummer. That guy is good, but not the greatest. Speed =/= good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!   THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE TEN GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SONGS OF ALL TIME!
Page 1 of 1