Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unnofficial Guitar Hero forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2007 was 10,000 years ago
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 pm by Jakeybro

» WHO KICKED ME?
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:00 am by Toki

» List of Antivirus companies
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm by Toki

» Well
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 pm by Toki

» AVENGE ME, SIMBA!! LIST!!
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 pm by Jakeybro

» Enter sandman
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm by Jakeybro

» WTF?
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:19 pm by Jakeybro

» the " we hate RAWK thread".
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 pm by Jakeybro

» The George Lopez show
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 pm by Jakeybro

Keywords
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s

Go down 
2 posters

How about this setlist, guys, huh?
It's awesome
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Vote_lcap50%encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
It is pretty flippin' sweet, I suppose
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Vote_lcap25%encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Good start, dawg, but needs some serious work
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Vote_lcap13%encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
man what. what is this.
encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Vote_lcap12%encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Faggot

encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Empty
PostSubject: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:04 am

First Tier

The Ramones - I Just Want to Have Something to Do
David Bowie - Hang On To Yourself
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around the Bend
Cheap Trick - Auf Wiedersehen
Encore: The Beatles - I Me Mine

Second Tier

Pink Floyd - Hey You
Boston - Something About You
ZZ Top - Tush
The Eagles - Already Gone
Encore: The Rolling Stones - It's Only Rock and Roll

Third Tier

Kansas - Child of Innocence
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Call Me The Breeze
Sweet - Teenage Rampage
Black Sabbath - Fairies Wear Boots
Encore: Journey - Wheel in the Sky

Fourth Tier

Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4
Queen - Keep Yourself Alive
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young - Woodstock
Styx - Renegade
Encore: Deep Purple - Burn

Fifth Tier

The Who - 5:15
Derek and the Dominos - Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad
Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion
Blue Oyster Cult - The Red and the Black
Encore: AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie

Sixth Tier

Rush - Working Man
Jimi Hendrix - Freedom
Van Halen - Feel Your Love Tonight
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same
Encore: Yes - Starship Trooper

Last edited by on Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tony777

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:09 am

:( you took the 80s edition and removed the hair bands

THATS EVIL!

Edit: oops... this is 70s edition? I got confused lol

Sorry for bad vote >_> lol
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male
Number of posts : 209
Favorite Admin : Job: Paper Boy. Hobbies- Piano, guitar, french horn, MTG, Guitar Hero, myself...
Humor : What happens in Alabama stays in the family.
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 8:55 am

You need to throw in some Sweet, they have superb guitar. All of their songs except the calypso ones could be tier 1-3 and then they've got songs like Sweet F.A. and Set Me Free that could be even higher up. They also pretty much defined music in the UK during the early to mid 70s along with Slade.
Back to top Go down
Faggot

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 2:39 pm

Glamy wrote:
You need to throw in some Sweet, they have superb guitar. All of their songs except the calypso ones could be tier 1-3 and then they've got songs like Sweet F.A. and Set Me Free that could be even higher up. They also pretty much defined music in the UK during the early to mid 70s along with Slade.

Recognize yer age, it's a teenage rampage!
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male
Favorite Admin : Job: Paper Boy. Hobbies- Piano, guitar, french horn, MTG, Guitar Hero, myself...

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:04 pm

Take off Seven Seas of Rhye, it's mostly piano. I'd say go with Brighton Rock, Stone Cold Crazy, or Tie Your Mother Down. Also maybe get some early 70s Bowie with Mick Ronson on guitar, like The Width Of A Circle, or Hang On To Yourself.

Also maybe a different song by Sweet, I'm not familiar with the guitar on Teenage Rampage, but you have a whole bunch of options with Sweet, so only change it if you find harder Sweet, for instance Set Me Free.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Metalhead \n/
Metalhead \n/
Nick

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:08 pm

Good list, but you should take out Cities on Flame since it's gonna be in GH3.
Back to top Go down
Faggot

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:19 pm

Glamy wrote:
Take off Seven Seas of Rhye, it's mostly piano. I'd say go with Brighton Rock, Stone Cold Crazy, or Tie Your Mother Down. Also maybe get some early 70s Bowie with Mick Ronson on guitar, like The Width Of A Circle, or Hang On To Yourself.

Uh... Seven Seas of Rhye has a lot of piano, but it also has plenty guitar. Replaced it with Keep Yourself Alive anyways, if that makes you feel any better.

And I already had Hang On To Yourself before you asked. Guess I'm just cool like that. Pimp

Also:

Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll => Astronomy
Life in the Fast Lane => Already Gone
Gimme Three Steps => Call Me The Breeze
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:08 am

WingsOfSteel wrote:
Glamy wrote:

Uh... Seven Seas of Rhye has a lot of piano, but it also has plenty guitar. Replaced it with Keep Yourself Alive anyways, if that makes you feel any better.

And I already had Hang On To Yourself before you asked. Guess I'm just cool like that. Pimp

Also:

Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll => Astronomy
Life in the Fast Lane => Already Gone
Gimme Three Steps => Call Me The Breeze

Really? Huh, I was probably tired when I was looking at the list. Also still, when you think of Seven Seas of Rhye what pops into your head, the guitar or piano part? Point proven. Keep Yourself Alive is better, but it's not the best choice still. I'd go with Stone Cold Crazy, sure, it's just about 2 minutes and it has about 30 seconds of nothing in 3 intervals, but the rest of the song is pure guitar.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:27 am

Ride a white swaaan like the people of the Beltane...
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:21 pm

Walkman wrote:

Since when have people liked T.Rex? Or glam rock in general? I've noticed an increase in glam fans. Have I had that much of an effect on the boards?
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 2:09 pm

Glamy wrote:
Walkman wrote:

Since when have people liked T.Rex? Or glam rock in general? I've noticed an increase in glam fans. Have I had that much of an effect on the boards?

... @#$% off. T.Rex have been my favourite band since I was 6. I know everyone of their songs off by heart.

... III COULD HAVE LOVED YOU, GIRL, LIKE A PLAAANEEET!!!
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:50 pm

Walkman wrote:
Glamy wrote:
Walkman wrote:

... @#$% off. T.Rex have been my favourite band since I was 6. I know everyone of their songs off by heart.

But still, haven't you noticed a rise in people actually liking glam bands? I still swear that it has to do with my drilling into people that glam rock kicks ass. Also if you liked then since you were 6 then I imagine you listened to the vinyls since the double disc sets had yet to come out by then.
Back to top Go down
Stairway

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:33 am

Glamy wrote:
Walkman wrote:
Glamy wrote:
Walkman wrote:

But still, haven't you noticed a rise in people actually liking glam bands? I still swear that it has to do with my drilling into people that glam rock kicks ass. Also if you liked then since you were 6 then I imagine you listened to the vinyls since the double disc sets had yet to come out by then.

Si. Half of the music I listen to is on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Glamy
Teh Sexy Pirate
Glamy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:06 pm

Stairway wrote:
Glamy wrote:
Walkman wrote:
Glamy wrote:
Walkman wrote:

Si. Half of the music I listen to is on vinyl.

Eh, my dad won't even let me touch his vinyl collection until he's dead, when I inherit a couple thousand records, tapes, singles, and CDs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s   encore - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 70s
Page 1 of 1